Home > Departments > Physical & Health Education (PE) Department
Physical & Health Education (PE) Department
Learners Who Lead a Healthy Lifestyle
To learn skills necessary to
perform a variety of physical activities with understanding.
Aims of Physical Education:
2. To know how to develop and maintain physical fitness.
3. To foster self-esteem through developing body awareness and control.
4. To participate regularly in physical activity and know the implications of and the benefits from involvement in physical activity.
5. To acquire safety skills and habits.
6. To develop the appreciation of concepts of fairplay and good sportsmanship.
7. To understand and apply critical thinking skills to PE.
3Cs Team BuildingThe Team Building Activities are designed in alignment to the school’s core values- Commitment, Compassion and Cheerfulness (3Cs). We adopt a whole-school approach in integrating the inculcation of 3Cs values. Team building activities for pupils were conducted at the beginning of the year for them to bond and get to know one another and to relate the values learnt in the session to their real life situations.
Pupils from P3 are involved in the Swim Safer programme. The programme aims to teach swimming proficiency and water survival skills to children to minimize drowning incidences in a fun manner.
Sports Education Programme (SEP)The SEP aims to advocate the importance of sports education, encourage sports participation in school and increase sporting opportunities in school.
- P3 Educational Gymnastics
- P4 - P6 Taekwondo cum Self-Defense
- p5 Camp Booster
- P5 & P6 Archery
- P6 Inline Skating Programme
Programmes for Active Learning (PAL) – Sports & Outdoor ModuleIn the PAL programme-Sports & Outdoor Modules, pupils will be introduced to the basic motor skills through playing and providing colourful and imaginative equipment suited to their physique and ability. They will enjoy the experience of athletics & the outdoors in a fun and safe learning environment. This programme acts as a platform for pupils to display the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies.
- P1 PAL - Sports Module
- P2 PAL – Sports Module
- P2 PAL – Outdoor Education Module
Healthy Lifestyle ProgrammesHealth Education Projects
- P1 Demonstration of proper Handwashing steps – (Washy Washy Clean) (Personal Hygiene according to HPB mandate)
- P2 Planning of 60 min Physical Activity
- P3 Design a Bookmark on Eye Care
- P4 Design a Poster on Stay Smoke Free
- P5 Design a Board Game - Applying Health Education knowledge (Health & Fitness, Safety , Balance Diet & Hygiene)
- P6 Stress Management - Make a De-Stress Ball
Whole School Approach to communicate the importance of a Safety & Healthy Lifestyle
- Health & SafetyTalks/ Programmes (P1-P6)
- Fruits & Vegetable Snacks Programme – (F.A.V.E.S ) (P1-P3)
- Drug Buster Academy (mobile exhibition by Central Narcotics Board) (P5-P6)
- BP Initiative @ Schools (P4)
- Recess Play –
Move it ! Move it! (P1-P6)
- Lower Primary Sports Day (Inter-class)
- Upper Primary Games Day (Inter-class games)
- East Zone Primary School Badminton Championships (Junior and Senior Team)
- National Track & Field Championship (A ,B, C, D Divisions)